Thursday, October 23, 2008

a little introvert coming through

so now that I have started, I just want to keep writing.
I guess that's because this year has been pretty crazy thus far. Balancing five master's level courses, being the co-chair of community life at school, starting and ending a relationship, dealing with family illness, struggling with my own migraines in that and everything else that life can throw at me.
And despite of all of that, I have had the best fall yet. I came back to the city after the most wonderful summer and for the most part that vibe has continued.
I am loving living in my first "big girl" apartment, as I like to call it. As an extravert, I have always loved living in community. In fact, until I was in second year university, I had never had a room to myself. And now, in my second year of my Masters, this is the first time that I have lived on my own truly. I was worried I would be dreadfully lonely, or that I would suddenly be dropped by my friends because I wasn't right there (OK, maybe not the most rational of fears but since when are fears and insecurities rational?) And yet I love it! My inner introvert is rejoicing. I love coming home and being able to shut the world out with the twist of a lock. That sounds a whole lot meaner that what I meant. I am just finding that alone time isn't as scary as I thought, and is quite fulfilling.
Well, I suppose I should move onto the more productive things in my life that need to happen. Like school work, cleaning my black hole of an apartment (its starting to worry me a little. How did it get in such a state?) and maybe some grocery shopping. It can't be healthy the amount of sushi I have been eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger