Friday, January 23, 2009

Back and Ready to Go

So,
After a more than a month long unintentional hiatus, I have returned!! Did you miss me? (Let's be honest, Probably not)
So here's the quick recap of what you missed: fabulous birthday, wonderful Christmas (perhaps the best in years), rocking low-key New Year's Eve, impromtu trip to New York (perhaps the best decision of 2009), school starting, visits from dear old friends. Which brings us to today: applications for internship/shopping.
2009 is shaping up to be a pretty wonderful year indeed. I love my classes this semester. They are interesting and scheduled ever so nicely. I don't ever start before 11 am... hello sleeping in.
I have also started running again, which is SO exciting. I am actually being a friend's running coach/ training buddy. We plan on running a 5k race coming up in March. I am excited to have found my running again. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again. I am really hoping that it will pre-empt some of those damned migraines. Heaven knows I don't need any more of them.
It is weird how much I am wanting to cram into this semester. After classes end in April, I leave for camp and from camp go straight to internship. It will be my first September not in school since I was five. This is major transition time!
I have realized that whenever I have moved somewhere new, I have always had a safety net. When I went to undergrad, half of my high school friends were there. when I came to Toronto half of my closest friends from undergrad where there. I have never really moved on my own. This is both scary and exciting. This one is going to be all on me... for better or worse.
The other part of the worry equation is that after this semester, my tight-knit group of friends at school may never be together again. Not everyone is going on internship at the same time, which means we might not be back together for our final year. Things have already begun to change. First year we all had the same classes together, and this year we are all spread out. Yet we have held together. And I am sure that we will remain close even after we leave school, it is just something to think about. I have never coped well with the idea of losing friends. I just love our group so much. They have quickly become some of my closest friends and I will really really miss them next year.
Well now that I have that off my chest, I probably should get up and be productive in the world. I am currently typing from my bed. Man I love not having classes on Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger