Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bad day.

So yesterday I had just got home from a shopping trip when I recieved a message from my Mom. She told me that my Dad was permanently laid off yesterday...effective immediately. Needless to say, I freaked out. With all the trouble I have been having with OSAP (aka- I still haven't got any money from them yet!!), it just felt like the financial Gods were out to get my family.
I know that we are going to be fine. My Dad's factory closed when I was in first year, and we managed just fine. But this time seems scarier. Dad is older; in the magical bracket where companies won't be fighting to hire him. He is too young to retire early and too old in some companies eyes. I am trying not to let my worries get the best of me, but its really hard to do.
I was supposed to go for a run last night, but by the time my running buddy came, I had dissolved into a puddle of tears. So the night was spent chatting and keeping me from crying.
(Though I am pretty sure at that point I had cried all of the liquid in my body out)
I am happy to say that today, after 14 hours of sleep, I am in better spirits and feeling a little more even keeled. I just felt like my family had our collective legs knocked out from underneath us, and I wasn't sure if we were going to get up again. Today, I am more sure that we will. It may be tough for a bit. But we Kirks are of a stubborn stock.
Tonight, I am looking forward to a wonderful birthday celebration with some friends. Just what I need after some really stressful weeks. Let's hope my outfit is blinging enough for the Black and Bing theme of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger