Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dan Levy loves my facial expressions!



So last night was an epic night of AWESOME! For my friend's birthday present (and maybe also for my own birthday) I got us tickets to Mtv's The After Show. For those that don't know, the After Show is a show that makes fun of pop culture, hosted by the wonderful Dan Levy (who I may have a school girl crush on) and Jessi Cruickshank. In particular, the show is know for its after show comments about The Hills and The City (which I will now admit that I LOVE! And I will thank you not to judge)
Anywho, like 14 year olds, Heather and I lined up at the Masonic Theatre and went to the taping. And it was everthing that I dreamed of. We were seated about 3 rows back and if you look really hard, you can actually see me on the show. I was the one wearing the cute green hat.
Now something special happened during the show. There were about 30 or so people there, and prior to the show Dan and Jessi come out and chat up the audience. I don't even remember what they said, but I did my patented pull-at-the-collar-move and Jessi saw it and made eye contact. Geeky I know but I loved it! But wait there is more.
The show continues taping and Dan made eye contact. And in fact we had a wee bit of back and forth during a commerical break. I totally turned into a giddy schoolgirl. The show continued and it was wonderful. Also, sidebar, hilarious moment where I was taking a shot of the stage and Dan saw it, and TOTALLY smiled for me!
At the end, both Dan and Jessi stay to pose for pictures, so of course we line up. So we get up to the stage with theme and I slide underneath Dan's arm, and he says "I love your facial expressions." Swoon!
Thus starts a little convo between all of us. They thanked us for coming and being part of the show and for being great. Heather turns to Jessi and says "It was totally the hat right, you noticed the hat." and Jessi said "Ya for sure. I love the hat." And I nearly died!
I also geekily thanked Dan for posing in the previously mentioned stage shot.... I didn't care how stupid I looked, I was just excited that his arm was still around me!
I will put up pictures once I get them from Heather. This may make me the biggest geek ever, but I loved it! We already have plans to go back again!




Update: Here is the money shot! Us with Dan and Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger