Friday, February 6, 2009

Falling in line with the Facebook craze... here is my list of "25 Things"

1. I secretly... okay not so secretly wish my life was a musical. The closet I have ever come was once at a bar called Cowboys where a song came on and everyone started to line dance and sing.
2. As a child, I didn't have one imaginary friend. As my mother would say, I had an army of imaginary friends. My imagination is one of my greatest gifts... and one of my greatest undoings.
3. I get started when previews for scary movies come on tv after 9:00. They run through my mind while I am trying to sleep and my imagination runs wild.
4. I have some of the wildest dreams and usually remember a lot of them. Either this is a good thing, or a sign that I am not getting a full nights rest...
5. I think I have an obsessive personality, with a limited time frame. I get into obsessions that last for about two week intervals and then move on (sort of). For example I went through a very embarrassing stage of loving The Da Vinci Code and everything related to it. Most recently it has been watching Ghostwriter again.
6. I get fictional crushes... all the time. Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables, Edward from Twilight, Adam from a Ring of Endless light... the list goes on.
7. I still blush at dirty jokes. Sometimes I think people say them just to watch me blush and squirm, and I still can't stop it.
8. I am a hopeless romantic. Damn you Disney!
9. I knew I was going to be a minster since I was 8 or 9 years old...
10. which brings me to my next point: I am stubborn person at times. I like to call it my tenacious streak. I reused to admit i was going to be a minster until I was "ready".
11. I spent the majority of my life hating my hair, and now I can't imagine it any other way. I actually love it most days.
12. I have broken: my left arm, my right elbow, my big toe on my left foot, my left thumb... i think that is all. I have had three concussions and far too many sprains to count. I am an accident waiting to happen and often bring those around me down in the process of getting hurt. (Consider yourself warned)
13. I was once mauled by 40 kids at camp. You know the scene in the Matrix where Neo is swarmed by all the Agent Smiths? I was totally Neo, minus the cool powers.
14. I still miss working at Kenesserie Camp and think I always will. However I also loved being a director of my own day camp this summer and can't wait to do it again this summer.
15. I love gratuitous swearing. There is nothing better than a well placed f-bomb. This is a bad habit I need to get in check before I "grow up", lest one Sunday I drop one from behind the pulpit.
16.I still have baby teeth. My adult eye teeth grow into my nasal cavity rather than into my mouth. I had surgery to remove them from said nasal cavity in grade 10. Because i still have my baby teeth, I have a wonky smile.
17. I love the feeling of sand between my toes especially sand from my cottage
18. I have the annoying habit of shouting out when people on television and movies are left-handed. It's not enough that I notice, everyone else should notice too. (I think is a symptom of be a super proud left-handed person)
19. I own over 80 movies, not including TV DVDs.... I think I have a problem.
20. I am irrationally afraid of spiders. We are talking about hyperventilating and shaking and usually tears. I had to have Erin kill all the spiders in our house in undergrad. In return I killed the centipedes.
21. People blowing their nose loudly gives me the heebee-jeebees. I hate when I can hear the transfer of snot onto kleenex.
22. I've always wanted someone to throw me a surprise party. (is that awful to say?)
23. When I go home to visit my parents, I usually don't make plans with other people because I love staying in with them. We have dinner together, watch a movie, and top the night of by having popcorn while watching Numbers (yes, I am aware that I am a 50 year old woman waiting to happen... and you all love me for it)
24. I think that I am fundamentally unable to flirt.
25. My Dad's nic name for me is Puddle Duck, as in Beatrix Potter's Jemima Puddle-Duck. My Grandma Kirk called him that as a child and in turn when I have kids (God willing), my first born shall have that nic name. He still calls me it sometimes and I still love it.

1 comment:

  1. .... I totally wish my life was a musical too!

    Also? The thing with the baby teeth - totally happened for one of my eye teeth too. Except into the roof of my mouth, not my nasal cavity. Also had surgery in grade 10 to remove it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger