Thursday, February 5, 2009

thoughts on the past month

So today I managed to connect up with two old friends today. It's been a while since I had talked to either of them in a meaningful way. Both asked me how things were going for me, and my answer surprised me. I said it's been both a gong show and wonderful.
In the past month there has been: OSAP troubles, my Dad losing his job, my grandfather's trip to the hospital, computer issue (stupid essay eating machine), a near cell phone explosion, and some classmate struggles... have I forgotten anything?
But also in the past month, I have had a life-changing trip to New York, great times with friends; a reconnection with some that I drifted from, a deepening of other relationships, shared meals together, tears, sleep overs and a new running goal and buddy.
As much as life has thrown at me, its been my friend's who have really kept me a float this month. (And helped me avoid doing something I might regret.... such as go postal on the OSAP people)
Connecting up with my dear friends today helped me remember all that I have to be thankful for. Things have been a wee bit of a gong show but things have also been wonderful in a very different kind of way. It may be uber cheesy, but I love days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger