Wednesday, November 5, 2008

kindly read between the lines and eff off!


So, first off congrats to America and to the incumbent President Obama. I am really impressed and excited to see what this will bring. At school today, people were buzzing about it. In fact, my worship prof was so excited that we opened class by singing a three-part Alleluiah round. It was actually rather impressive... sounded pretty dang good!
Now to the meat of today's post: I need to vent!
I love my friends, but sometimes I want to kick them in the collective junk. Okay, maybe that is an over-generalization. Let me lay the stage for you:
So I am co-chair of community life at my school. This means that I am responsible for ensuring that there are a variety of community building activities that happen at the school through out the year. One medium are educational events called colloquium. They are educational forums that happen and are meant to enhance the learning that happens in these hallowed halls.
Today was a colloquium on Stewardship, being run by a committee from the National church. They had approached us in the summer to run this and basically told me and my co-chair that we just needed to be around and help with the small details, they would handle the rest.
Fast-forward, months later (aka today) and the advertising that they promised didn't happen, and we were left out in the dark. So understandably I was a little worried about turnout from the get go. It is November after all and we all have just a few papers due. To add insult to injury, the committee showed up early and were trying to set up in the chapel while my class was in there having tutorial (we were doing baptisms today... so freaking cool by the way) Needless to say, this really pissed off the TA. Ultimately this lead to a blowout between the TA and the committee leader, leaving me feeling like I needed to mediate it for some reason.
So I am clearly dealing with a little stress and trying to hide it at this point, as people are arriving for the lunch. Now two of my closest friends from school came to the lunch and were sitting with me. They were only coming to the lunch, not the rest of the event and were being rather loud and somewhat rude about it (in my opinion). So here I was in a side-conversation with one of the guests from the committee, and my friend decides to start ragging on me about the disposable plates that the committee is using. Now I am really in a rock or hard spot. I agree with him about the plates but I can't say anything because the person I am talking is the one who choose the disposable plates. It was not my choice and I would have liked to say that. I was pissed because I can't properly explain that it was not my fault, and that I was ticked he was even mentioning it. I shot him a warning look, thinking he knows me and would know not to push it. Guess I gave him too much credit and he kept pushing. SO I responded, saying "Don't push me right now. Leave it alone" In my head, I was yelling a very impressive strain of cuss words at him.
He got the picture at that point. (He still made the comment that he wanted to get me to be angry enough to punch him... I was less than impressed by that) I was so ticked that he wouldn't realize that I was stressed and that maybe pushing me at that point was not the wisest move. I am not exactly a hard person to read. Or so I thought. My friend and I have since talked: we both apologised. Me for snapping at him with anger that wasn't necessarily related to that situation, and him for not knowing I was stressed. I guess I am getting better at hiding when I am stressed...a very good thing. Not everyone needs to know my every feeling. Either I am getting better or he just said that to get out of trouble... hmm. ha ha!
So that was my day... oh ya, I had some class too. Sorry for the lengthy diatribe on stupid fights


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger