Tuesday, November 25, 2008

le sigh....


So I have a confession; I am really a 13 year old girl trapped in a 23 year old's body. I love Twilight... the whole series.
I blame my friend who introduced me to them. I had heard of the series, but I have this little thing called school that really has a habit of getting in the way of my leisure time reading. So, they kinda stayed off my radar. Anyways, Tiff got me hooked. She lent me the first book the day after my trip to the hospital with a migraine. And while I was still doped up and probably needing to sleep, I started. I stayed up till 3 that night. I just couldn't put it down!

I like this description from Edi Gathegi, who plays Laurent in the hit film Twilight "I didn't read the books beforehand but I flew through them all as soon as I was cast. As soon as Breaking Dawn came out I read that in two days and that's 750 pages! [Stephanie Meyer, the author] wrote some crack! She wrote a drug and America's hooked." It totally what I said. After that first night, I knew I wanted to own the series, and so like an impulsive, crushing teenager, I went out and bought the whole series. (Very stupid to do on a student budget... I know) And I read them all in four days. I have always been bad at delaying gratification. I just couldn't stop.

So this addiction became something that Tiff and I would spent time talking about whenever we were together. We also decided we would see the movie together, and we anxiously awaited.
And tonight was the night... and it was magical. Okay, that's a little over the top. But it was pretty darn close. Edward is just dreamy... there is no other way to describe it. He is the embodiment of.... well, dreamy. Definitely sigh and swoon worthy! Certainly the movie isn't exactly the book, but it is true to the essence of it. The only way to improve it would be if I was the one who starred in it...
And so after much rambling, I end my saddening confession. I have a crush on a fictitious vampire. You think there is any chance that there is one waiting out there for me? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger